Due to popular demand – specifically demand from the Axon 7 user community, an Android O update has arrived. ZTE is making their Android Oreo update available in beta for users who register through their Z-Community.
The Android O beta update will offer a nearly stock Android experience which has been widely requested by users. In addition to a near stock Android experience, there are several benefits that the Oreo update brings like –
- Improved battery life
- View two apps at once through picture-in-picture (PiP) mode
- Google Play Protect, which scans over 50 billion apps per day to ensure your device is safe
- Notification dots to quickly see what’s new
- Faster boot speed when powering on the device
- Android Instant apps, allowing users to get into apps without having to install
- Minimized background activity in the applications used least
- Autofill, which, with user permission, remembers logins to important apps
This isn’t the first significant update that the Axon 7 has received since its launch. ZTE originally launched the device with Android Marshmallow running on it, and ZTE eventually offered an update to Nougat. With their Oreo announcement today, it’s clear that ZTE is committed to bringing value to their customers with updates, instead of leaving them in the dark the way many other manufacturers tend to do with older phones.
With all of that said, the Axon 7 is starting to show its age, so we can’t help but wonder how far off the Axon 8 is? An update is certainly overdue.