InvisibleShield describes their Glass Elite for the Google Pixel 3a, and I assume other smartphones, as, “Our strongest screen protection ever.” I don’t know if that is true, but I do know that it is the easiest screen protector install I have ever done. The $39.99 screen protector is also crystal clear and maintains the screen’s touch sensitivity.
Inside the box, you get the Glass Elite screen protector, an EZ Apply Tray and Install Mat, Instructions, a Microfiber Cloth, a Cleaning Wipe, and a Dust Removal Sticker. That’s a lot of different item for such a small box and such a specific application, but each of them serves a purpose.
We’ll walk through the installation process, but first, let’s let InvisibleShield explain what makes this screen protector line different. The company notes that they have reengineered their approach to glass screen protectors to give them increased strength and durability. They go on to explain,
InvisibleShield has reimagined what screen protection can do. Glass Elite is made with ion exchange technology and aluminosilicate glass. It’s our strongest glass screen protection to date. But we didn’t stop there. We’ve added ClearPrint, a revolutionary oil-diffusion technology that makes fingerprints virtually invisible. Glass Elite is the only screen protection on the market treated with ClearPrint.
It was a big deal when glass screen protectors first came out. Before that, protecting your screen meant slathering it with a gel adhesive, placing a flexible film on the screen, squeezing out the excess gel and bubbles and then waiting, and hoping, the screen protector dried without bubbles or fingerprints. It was a terrible process, and one I was never quite able to master.
The introduction of glass screen protectors was a huge step forward. Not only did they look and feel better than the products they replaced but they also were far easier to instal. Since then, both the glass screen protectors themselves and the process of installing them have continued to improve. The Glass Elite is the current pinnacle of this process. It starts with the material itself. InvisibleShield breaks it down this way:
- Our Strongest Glass Screen Protection Ever: The aluminosilicate glass used in Glass Elite undergoes an ion-exchange tempering process which increases the surface tension of the glass making it stronger and more scratch-resistant. Glass Elite is our strongest glass screen protection ever.
- Breakthrough in Anti-Fingerprint Technology: ClearPrint technology is a unique surface treatment—used exclusively by InvisibleShield— that hides the visibility of fingerprints on your screen protector. Developed by NBD Nanotechnologies, this oleophilic process spreads oils from fingerprints so thinly on the surface that it allows light to pass through the oil, making fingerprints virtually invisible.
- Reinforced Edges for Increased Protection: The reinforced edges on Glass Elite protect the vulnerable corners and edges of your screen to prevent chips and stop cracks from starting and spreading.
That’s a lot of details to describe a small piece of rectangular glass, but that’s the point. A lot went into developing this screen protector but, once in place, it all but disappears. You can’t see that it is on and, when you touch the screen, there’s no difference in feel or touch sensitivity. So yeah, it’s the strongest ever, and it has anti-fingerprint technology, and it has reinforced edges, BUT you don’t need to worry about any of that. It just does the job it’s supposed to do.
Then there is the application process. As previously noted, the first screen protectors were a pain in the neck to install. InvisibleShield has addressed that with a new application process and an adhesive that results in a clean, bubble-free installation.
- Easy Application: Glass Elite screen protection has EZ Apply tabs and comes with an installation tray to ensure accurate alignment. We’ve also added a rubber install mat, so you have a slip-proof surface to work on.
- Fast, Accurate, and Bubble-Free: We believe installation should be as simple and accurate as possible, so we are constantly refining our processes with innovations like our EZ Apply technology and advanced adhesives.
The process goes like this …
You first remove your old screen protector if your phone already has one. That’s not a concern if the phone is brand new.
You place the phone in the EZ Apply Tray and place the phone on the Install Mat. Once it is sitting securely on a flat surface, you use the wipe to give the screen a good cleaning and then dry it off.
Pulling the protective film off the adhesive side of the screen protector comes next. You want to do this carefully, but speed also helps if you want to prevent it from collecting dust. If it does, you’ll use the dust removal stickers to get back to a pristine surface.
Holding the tabs at the top and bottom of the screen protector you then carefully place it on the phone’s screen. You’ll want to make sure it is aligned properly before lowering it onto the phone. When you do lower it, you’ll watch as the adhesive takes hold in the center and then moved outward.
Pressing down on the screen protector in any spots that adhere securely or have bubbles beneath the screen protector and your phone is the last step toward getting a perfect installation. (Small bubbles may still be there, but they disappear after a day or two.)
You can then remove the phone from the EZ Apple Tray and start using it. There’s no need to wait for anything to dry.
I’ve always been a fan of InvisibleShield screen protector. The new Glass Elite is the clearest, smoothest, and, according to the company, their strongest offering yet. I don’t much about whether it is “best” or “most.” I don’t care about the technology behind the glass. I just care about it being easy to get in place and doing the job of protecting my phone’s screen without reducing the clarity or responsiveness. In both regards the InvisibleShield Glass Elite for the Google Pixel 3a gets the job done. I’m a fan and am happy to have it protecting my Pixel 3a! Check it, and all of InvisibleShield’s offerings here.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample of the InvisibleShield Glass Elite for the Google Pixel 3a
What I Like: Easy to do a perfect job installing it; Glass is clear, strong and doesn’t reduce the touch sensitivity
What Needs Improvement: I love the EZ Install Tray and mat but hate the additional waste that results from these items