Telenav has just launched Scout, an iPhone app which they are calling the “first daily personal navigator that seamlessly works across the web, smartphones, and in-car systems – offering users an easy and consistent experience no matter where they are. As Telenav explains,
Most people still start their searches from their home or office. In fact, according to the same Telenav survey, 75 percent of respondents prefer to use a personal computer over other options to begin their search for local businesses, and 65 percent turn to a personal computer rather than a mobile device to find navigation information.
To ensure Scout users have a rich online experience, Telenav is launching Scout.me, an online companion site to the Scout mobile app. Scout.me is a new site that gives people an opportunity to explore new places and events while still at their computers. On Scout.me, users can share favorite places with their friends or connect and make plans with friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Scout.me also allows users to save or organize favorite places and events online, which are automatically available when they launch Scout on their phone or when they use Scout in their car.
Key features of Scout include:
- · My Dashboard: Always know when to leave with traffic-based drive times at a glance
- · My Routes: Stress less and never get lost with reliable, award-winning Telenav® turn-by-turn directions
- · My Traffic: Avoid traffic jams with real-time traffic during daily commutes
- · My Places: Discover great new places nearby or near a destination
- · My Favorites: Remember that great hole-in-the-wall and save them to favorites
- · My Music: Hear and control iPod tunes without ever leaving Scout
- · My Devices: Use Scout on the phone, computer, or in the car
Scout is available right now as a FREE iPhone app (search for Telenav Scout) and you can find more information at https://www.scoutgps.com/. It will also be coming later this year to Ford SYNC AppLink. I’ve just downloaded the free app, and I am looking forward to giving it a try.