TweetDeck‘s Mac app received a much needed update today that includes the ability to share access to your account with others, Direct Messages to groups, support for GIFS and videos, and other various updates.
A lot of people with multiple Twitter accounts use TweetDeck, and the multi-tab’s application is now even getting group DM’s, which is handy for folks who like to share a conversation with some, but not all of their friends or followers. The new feature, called “Teams” allows members of a site (like Gear Diary) or a PR team to watch one shared Twitter feed. Those linked to the account are able to respond, retweet, and run the account as well.
“TweetDeck Teams is a simple solution to Twitter account sharing. It enables you to delegate access to as many people as you like, and remove accounts when they no longer need access.”
A full Changelog for TweetDecks’s 3.9.482 Update:
We have loads of great new features for you:
– Share access to your accounts safely & securely with Teams
– Keep the conversation going with Group DMs
– Add up to 4 images with every Tweet
– GIFs and Videos now play in-line
– Share a Tweet via Direct Message to a group of friends
– Dataminr subscribers can now add columns and receive notifications of new alerts to Dataminr watch lists
– Loads of little bug fixes and improvements under the hood.