I was a big fan of the Runtastic Orbit – a simple fitness wearable that met my ‘just work’ criteria for these devices: it fit well, tracked well, and instantly connected to my phone via Bluetooth and never failed to sync. Now they are announcing the Moment, which takes their solid fitness tracking and wraps it up with an attractive series of watch designs.
Designed to meet the needs of all types of users, the Runtastic Moment is available in four unique styles that offer different size watch faces, types of bands and colors. Simply sync it with the Runtastic Me app and what looks like a traditional watch seamlessly turns into one of the most comprehensive fitness trackers on the market.
The Moment has a fashion-forward look, and according to Runtastic:
“Over the past few years, we have seen the majority of players in the health and fitness space –Runtastic included – try to address the needs of users with a diverse array of tracking devices,” saidFlorian Gschwandtner, CEO and co-founder of Runtastic. “Looking at the products currently available, we strongly felt there was a large gap between fashion and functionality. Therefore, we developed the Runtastic Moment to be an all-encompassing device that is easy to use, aesthetically pleasing and habit-forming.”
Key features include:
• 10 different designs to fit the needs of any user
• Waterproof up to 300 feet
• Stores data on watch up to 7 days
• No charging – uses a standard watch battery that lasts 6 months
• Time syncs automatically via Bluetooth
Here are the different models with pricing:
• Runtastic Moment Fun: Boasting a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a comfortable silicon strap, the Moment Fun was designed for the playful, active types. It is available in four colors – raspberry, plum, sand and indigo – for $129.99.
• Runtastic Moment Basic: Similar to the Moment Fun, the Moment Basic has a larger display and is available in beige and black for $129.99.
• Runtastic Moment Elite: Designed for a more sophisticated look, the Moment Elite offers a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a top-quality black leather band for $179.99.
• Runtastic Moment Classic: With clean lines and a simplistic style, the Moment Classic offers a stainless steel case, scratch-resistant glass and a leather band – available in silver, gold and rose gold – for $179.99
Runtastic was recently acquired and is now part of Adidas as Carly noted here.
Here is the launch video: