One of my favorite and most used guitar apps is TabToolkit from Agile Partners. I love the ability to search, download and read guitar tabs on my iPhone and iPad. The application actually knows when a tab is available on the page and will download and store it with a simple tap. As great as this app is, a huge update just went live in the app store. This is a considerable update to an already amazing app. Click here to read a full review of TabToolkit.
Some of the new features:
- Guitar Pro 6 file format: Many TabToolkit customers have requested support for the latest version of Guitar Pro and it has arrived in V1.2! Users can easily import and view GPX files using TabToolkit’s intuitive user interface.
- Retina Display: As you know, TabToolkit renders beautiful music notation on the fly. In Version 1.2, we’ve updated the rendering engine to support the full resolution of the Retina Display on iPhone 4 and fourth-generation iPod touch. The entire app, especially the crisp, sharp music notation, is now even more readable and gorgeous! (See the iPhone 4 screenshot example below.)
- Fast app switching: If users leave TabToolkit, they can come back to *exactly* where they were in a particular song/tab — a really helpful feature when practicing songs with TabToolkit.
- “Open in”: We also took advantage of the iOS 4 “Open in” feature so that iOS 4 users can easily share tab files via email and open tab files directly from the Mail app!
- In total, over 100 performance and support enhancements in the V1.2 release!
TabToolkit is available here in the app store for $9.99.