I love the Virtual City games including the free social version Virtual City Playground, as I noted in my review of the Android version. In the review I noted that the game took all of the fun of Virtual City and brought it to a free ‘playground’ mode that allowed you to just have fun.
Of course, for G5 the big thing is monetization, and they have been very successful trading ease of upgrading and building things for small amounts of real-world cash. It is the classic example of eventually paying $20 for a game that you wouldn’t pay $5 for upfront. But in the case of Virtual City, it is purely optional. If you work your way through diligently you will be able to play through using earned resources. Best of all, G5 just keeps adding new things and updating and rebalancing the gameplay – so if you haven’t jumped on yet, now is agreat time to try!
Here are the changes in the update:
• SOCIALIZE with friends! Send gifts to them and get energy and invest points in return.
• BUILD an Eco Skyscraper and put your dream city on the map one floor at a time!
• TACKLE new quests! Over 35 new challenges to master – can you complete them all?
• BEAUTIFY your city with new decorations and public art designed to uplift and inspire!
• UTILIZE a new, more efficient premium tech station and save room for more buildings.
• PLAY FASTER! Recalculation optimization allows you to get back into your city in no time flat!
Here is the trailer for the game: