Google Maps for iOS has been updated today to version 4.4.0 for devices on iOS 7 and above with the usual bug fixes as well as a couple new features that were highly requested in the Popular Navigation app’s ratings comments.
The latest update comes as a follow up to an update from January for both Android and iOS that allowed you to filter for restaurants, see local weather as well as towns around the world, and the ability to share your directions with any contact.. which I use personally to share my locale with family and friends. The most recent update includes the following:
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
What’s New In This Version:
• View a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
• See transit line colors on the map when you get transit directions
• Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
• Type, or tap the mic and say, “directions to” a place for faster results
• Bug fixes
The ability to simply tap the mic and say “directions to 21 Jump Street” will come in handy, especially for us drivers who hate having to type everything into our phones. You can obviously still type in your destination as well.