With the push of a button, you can also let in outside sound. This is a great way to have a conversation without the need to remove the headset.
Compatible with your platform: All Jabra USB headsets and speakerphones work with all the most popular online voice call services.
It is also worth noting that the Evolve 75 is designed to work with a wide range of online call services. For me, however, this is immaterial. Raina and I are only of those households without a landline. In fact, while I have an office desk at the synagogue I NEVER use it. I’m pretty much all iPhone all the time, and the Bluetooth in the Evolve 75 fits my routine quite well.
Finally, let’s talk about the audio delivered by the Jabra Evolve 75. Even with the ANC and workspace features built into them, there is no arguing that these are pricey headphones. If you had to get these for calls and but have something else for enjoying music, it would be rather pathetic. Fortunately, these headphones are the only headphones you need for work and play. Yes, once again Jabra has hit a homer in the audio department. They sound great! Seriously, I know that, as with another headset, earphone company Judie and I love, Jabra isn’t known for their audiophile products. They are, after all, a company that made their mark in the Bluetooth headset market. Don’t let that scare you off though. The Evolve 75 is excellent. The sound is crisp and clear. There’s plenty of bass, and the entire listening experience is a pleasure. Personally, I prefer to use them with the ANC turned on even when I don’t need to shut out the world. The sound just seems a bit richer to me with it on. Either way, however, you will surely appreciate the Evolve 75 when enjoying your favorite music. They recreate the sound beautifully and seem to do so without having to try too hard. Add in the comfortable ear cushions, minimal clamping force and the light, 177G weight and you have a pair of headphones that make the transition from work to a night out easily. (Raina checked them out and gave them an A+ on both the comfort and sound fronts!)
- Headset Weight: 177 g
- Talk time: Up to 15 hours Battery time (with ANC activated) or up to 30 hours without
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Audio control: Speaker volume up/down on headset
- Passive Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes – Hybrid 4 mic ensuring 17dB (perceived cancellation in an office environment)
- Listen-in feature: Don’t miss important announcements or questions from your colleagues. Press the left ear cup to hear the outside world without having to take off your headset
- Certifications: Skype for Business, Avaya, Cisco and more
- Connection: Bluetooth or USB.
- Allow for dual connectivity for two Bluetooth devices simultaneously: Yes
- Bluetooth: Class 1 (up to 30 meters / 100 feet) and Bluetooth 4.2
- Speaker size: 40 mm
- Integrated busylight: Red lights on both ear cups are activated automatically when on a call or manually activated by the user when busy, to act as a ‘do not disturb’ signal
- Microphone type: Medium-length boom arm with noise canceling uni-directional ECM microphone
- Speaker bandwidth music mode: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Speaker bandwidth communication mode: 150Hz – 6.8kHz
- Microphone frequency range: 150Hz – 6.8kHz
I’m impressed with the Evolve 75. It is a great addition to the Evolve series, a product line that has sold more than 2.5 million units worldwide. It does a great job of drawing from all of the best features from the series, active noise cancellation, wireless freedom, a busy light and great sound, and brings them together in an impressive headset that will fit nicely into your setup whether using it for work or play. Check it out the Jabra Evolve 75 here.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample
What I Like: Comfortable; Sound excellent; Good wireless range; Clear calling; Easy controls; Light; Effective ANC; Good battery life; Easy to let in ambient sound when need be; Good for work and play
What Needs Improvement: Pricey considering it is $279 for the headset alone or $329 with the charging stand