In the nearly 30 years that it’s been around, the Lenovo ThinkPad line has become legendary for good reason. They’ve always been known as the laptops you can rely on to be fast, well-built, and with every feature you might want or need to get anything and everything done. Lenovo is adding to that legacy with the new Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 and Z16 Gen 1, offering impressive specifications and environmental friendliness to bring things to the next level.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 and ThinkPad Gen 1 earn their environmental bona fides. They’re made with recycled aluminum and recycled vegan leather, while their packaging is made from 100% recyclable and compostable bamboo and sugarcane.
The power supply also gets in on the action by using 90% post-consumer content. You can’t escape the fact that all technology has an environmental footprint, but by using recycled packaging and materials, the Lenovo Thinkpad Z13 Gen 1 and ThinkPad Z16 Gen 1 help to reduce theirs!
The specifications of these show they’re definitely ThinkPads. You get Dolby Atmos Speakers and Dolby Voice AI noise cancellation, the highest screen to body ratio in the ThinkPad line with a 91.6% STB for the Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 and a whopping 92.3% for the Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 Gen 1, a new haptic ForcePad, screen options like a touch-enabled OLED with Dolby Vision support, and of course electronic e-shutter for the FHD camera for privacy.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 also sports an AMD Ryzen Pro U-Series processor, while the ThinkPad Z16 Gen 1 is available with an AMD Ryzen Pro-H series processor.
In addition, both ThinkPads meet MIL-Spec 810H standards, so being made from new, environmentally friendly materials does not compromise the toughness and durability that ThinkPad has always represented. Internally, they also feature the Microsoft Pluton Security Processor, so these are ready to stand up to anything the real or cyber world can throw at them!
Highlights for the Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 and ThinkPad Z16 Gen 1 include:
- Recycled black vegan leather and aluminum, and recyclable bamboo and sugarcane packaging
- Communications Bar integrating an FHD camera with a larger sensor, electronic e-Shutter for privacy, and dual-array microphones
- Highest screen-to-body (STB) ratio in ThinkPad portfolio – 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16)
- Larger 120mm haptic ForcePad
- Vivid display options include touch-enabled 2.8K OLED on Z13 and 4K OLED on Z16, both with Dolby Vision support and low blue light
- Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Voice AI noise cancellation technology
- New double-tap function on TrackPoint launches Communication QuickMenu for rapid access to camera and microphone settings
- The Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 is powered by Next-Gen AMD Ryzen PRO U-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics plus Microsoft Pluton security processor. Z13 is also available with an exclusive AMD Ryzen PRO processor
- The Lenovo ThinkPad Z16 Gen 1 is powered by Next-Gen AMD Ryzen PRO H-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics or optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics, and include the Microsoft Pluton security processor
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors with Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 offer advanced manageability and industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity on Z13 and Z16. Additionally, Qualcomm 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) on AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors enable sustained low latency potential of Wi-Fi Dual Station, natively supported on Windows 11
- Preloaded with Windows 11
- Match-on-chip fingerprint reader integrated into the keyboard for security convenience