One of the things that makes living in West Texas bearable during the “hot months” — you know, mid-April to early September (when the temperatures consistently hover around 100º) — is having a pool or favorite watering hole that you can use to cool down in. We have a freestanding 30’x6′ concrete stock tank not far from our back door. While the primary function of this tank is to hold water which pipes to a trough our livestock drink from, we have also outfitted it with a regular pool filtration system so we can enjoy algae-free swimming; it’s pretty much awesome, and we absolutely love it.
Kev has also put together a solar heating system for our pool, which consists of many 1.5″ flexible black poly tubing coils. He loves to compare the temperature in the pool to the temperature of the heated water his contraption produces. Our pool stays in use all year long, although I generally stop getting in around the end of October and won’t return again until late March.
For Kev, it’s a point of pride that “his” pool is warm enough to swim in as early as April; needless to say, he is checking the temperature constantly from the beginning of March until then. And then there are the chemicals …
Keeping the pool chlorinated enough that nothing will grow in it and yet not so much that we will smell like bleach is a never-ending process. Our pH levels were deemed neutral when the pool was first set up; if anything, our hard well water tends to have a lower alkalinity, which means a higher pH. It can be a little bit confusing, and I’ll admit that I tend to not worry about it all … I leave it to Kev.
I was recently asked if I’d be interested in reviewing, which is a wireless setup that is described as:
- Easy to set up wireless floating sensor transmits the status of your water to your PC, Mac or Smartphone taking the guess-work out of maintaining your pool or spa.
- 24/7 monitoring of pH, sanitizer and temperature tells you exactly what chemical and how much to add eliminating unhealthy spikes and dips.
- Alerts you when your water needs attention via easy to read graphics. If it’s green, everything is ok. If it’s red, check what needs to be added.
- Works with regular, saltwater and mineral ion pools and spas plus upgradable for future add-ons.
- Includes free lifetime online software updates, free 1 year customer software support and 90 day hardware warranty.
- Simply check the status of your water on your PC, Mac or Smartphone saving time and money so you can enjoy your pool or spa.