Drox Operative is a starship action RPG featuring warring alien races, fierce space battles, as well as dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Mac. It is fantastic indie RPG that breaks from the standard fantasy RPG genres. Today Soldak games launched the first expansion, Invasion of the Ancients, with loads of new features.
Before the Drox ruled the galaxy, before they were even sentient, there were older races now known as the Ancients. Using their Operatives, the Drox crushed and enslaved most of these races. The rest fled known space. When the Drox turned on their own Operatives, the Drox were utterly destroyed. Newer races emerged and thrived in the power void, never knowing the menace waited. Seizing their chance, the Ancients are invading to take their rightful place in the galaxy, as rulers! Thirsting for revenge, the Ancients can’t harm the extinct Drox, but they can crush the next best thing, the Drox Operatives.
Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients Features
– Defend against ancient race invasions
– Destroy or defend space stations (military and production)
– Guide the evolution of persistent galaxies
– Design components with socketable chips
– Play as or against the new race, the Scavenger
– Battle new Talon, Legion, and Overlord monsters
– Solve new quests and equip new components
– Drox Guild quests
– Unlock and play as 19 subraces
The expansion requires the original Drox Operative, and costs $9.99. There is also a demo available.