One thing that is true for all smartphone users is that an opportunity to charge the device must not be passed on! And the perfect time to power-up is when in a vehicle. I never drive anywhere without first plugging in so I can get as much juice as possible. When charging in a vehicle, there is always an issue of where to set the phone. Sometimes my iPhone ends up in a cup holder or on the seat, and at times it might even sit in my lap so I can answer calls or change songs if need be.
Long ago I tried some products that charged the phone and held it up for viewing via a flexible neck. While the idea was great, the phone dock did not fit well and it wore out quickly. Bracketron recently offered the chance to review their Universal Power Dock Pro Flex, and I had to give it a try. The product seemed to contain some of the things I liked while eliminating what seemed to cause problems with the other products.
Did the design solve the issues? Let’s take a look.
- Universal holder with flexible neck design features 360° rotation and smart grip feet for optimal mounting and viewing angles while providing full access to all controls and ports.
- PowerGrip arms securely hold the mount in your 12V port
- High output (5V, 1.5A) USB port
- Durable, molded high impact plastic construction with soft touch finish
- Works with any USB cable provided with your handheld device
- Micro USB to USB cable included
Product DescriptionThe ideal hands-free solution to quickly, easily and securely mount and power your smartphone or other mobile devices in your car.
Our exclusive Universal USB Power Dock Pro Flex with 12V USB port allows you to securely mount and charge your smartphone while you’re on the road.