If you don’t hunt, fish, or camp, if you rarely tail-gate, and if the idea of spending more than $150 on a cooler makes you raise your eyebrows in a “why?” configuration, then this post about the Pelican ProGear 80QT Elite Cooler won’t be for you.
If you do enjoy those outdoor activities, and you
want need a cooler that can keep your food fresh (and safe from bears) and your drinks cold for up to 10 days, then you’ll want to consider this one.
Here are just a few of its features:
- Up to 10 days ice retention*, freezer grade gasket, 2″ polyurethane insulation
- Built in trolley handle with molded-in handles
- Press & Pull Latches (Wide for Gloved Use)
- Molded-In Tie Downs
- Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
- Molded-In Lock Hasp, Stainless Steel Plate
- Sloped Drain & Tethered Threaded Plug (Garden Hose Attachable)
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Hardware
- Integrated Fish Scale on Lid
- Heavy duty wheels
- Built in bottle opener
- Custom Color Program
- Guaranteed for life
- MADE IN USA
- *Ice retention – Initial test results are based on the Pelican 65Qt Elite Cooler model. Testing was conducted using forced air circulation in a temperature controlled environmental chamber at 90 degrees F.
You see that? The Pelican ProGear 80QT Elite Cooler has a built-in bottle opener, a lid-integrated fish scale, molded-in tie-downs, and raised anti-skid feet. It is also certified bear-resistant by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee. I’m including this video of a Grizzly attacking a Pelican cooler because it’s cute (in a terrifying way) …
I can think of a couple of other premium cooler brands that can claim quite a few of the new Pelican’s features, but there is one major difference that caught my eye … the wheels.
Unlike the four Yeti coolers that Kev and I own between us, the Pelican ProGear 80QT Elite Cooler has two 8” heavy-duty wheels with an extended pull handle. This means I would be able to move a filled cooler on my own, rather than waiting for Kev to
help me do it. Sweet.
“From the desert to the forest, the new Pelican ProGear™ Elite 80QT Cooler is all about mobility and durability,” said Lyndon Faulkner, President and CEO of Pelican Products, Inc. “This first wheeled model offers the same Pelican-tough design, extreme ice retention and capacity but with brand new portability to easily transport food and drinks to the next adventure.”
The Pelican ProGear 80QT Elite Cooler, like all Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers, is “built tough to exacting military standards and are engineered with rugged polymer exterior walls that feature an industry-leading 2” polyurethane foam core, which ensures extreme ice retention. Additional advanced features include secure press and pull latches, a freezer-grade o-ring seal and dual molded-in handles for easy transport and tie-off.”
Just seeing this kind of makes you want to fill it up and go camping, doesn’t it?