6. You can tent the Lenovo Yoga 920 for use during presentations; this is also great when streaming content from Netflix. The screen displays in beautiful colors — blacks are true, and colors are sharp. When in tent mode, you have a 1.1″ bezel that shows at the top of the screen; it’s not obnoxious, but you may notice it the first few times you use the laptop. When in laptop mode, you’ll hardly see it, as the bezel will be at the bottom. there’s only a 0.3″ bezel at the top, and 0.2″ bezels on the sides.
7. Multiple ports — the Yoga 920 doesn’t have just a single Type-C for charging or peripherals. My usual travel computer is a 12″ MacBook. It weighs a little bit less, but it only has one Type-C port, no headphone jack, it has a smaller screen, it’s battery doesn’t last as long, and it’s slower. Jeez — I’ve almost talked myself into selling the MacBook and buying the Yoga 920!
8. The keyboard has a 3-level backlight; obviously either turning this off or using a lower setting will help prolong battery life.
9. The one times I heard the Yoga 920’s fan kick on, it was very quiet.
10. The far-field microphones allow you to stand across the room and still be heard clearly when on video chat or when using other voice features.
There are two JBL speakers on the bottom of the laptop., and this works well. I was worried that the speakers wouldn’t be very loud when the Yoga 920 was being used in laptop or tablet mode, but I needn’t have; the sound is crisp, and it’s just fine for listening to music or watching streaming content. The speakers didn’t distort, even on the highest volume.
Whether you are writing content or consuming content, the Lenovo Yoga 920 2-in-1 performs very well.
I prefer a laptop design in a 2-in-1 versus one with a removable screen for tablet use. The Lenovo 920 is perfect if you don’t like balancing a tablet and detachable keyboard on your lap — I’ll never forget the detachable keyboard that I accidentally flung across the room on the Microsoft Surface Pro I bought and returned. Oops. Granted, you have the extra weight of the attached keyboard, but again — it’s not too much. This style 2-in-1 is perfect for just about any use you might come up with.
If you are looking for a touchscreen 2-in-1 laptop that performs well, has excellent battery life, that is powerful enough to use in school or at work, and one that is just light enough to always carry, the Lenovo Yoga 920 2-in-1 fits the bill! I’m sending it back this week, and I will miss it!
The Lenovo Yoga 920 2-in-1 starts at $1199 (after the $129 discount); as tested, it retails for $1849.99 (after the discount). It is available directly from the manufacturer and from other retailers. Best Deal: You can get this exact laptop with the pen from Best Buy for $1499.99; this is a great deal!
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample on loan
What I Like: Attractive, all-metal design; Great battery life; No lag with many open windows; Fast; Touchscreen; Great for tablet or laptop use; Beautiful 13.9″ display; Intel 8th Gen processor; Far-Field microphones; Fans are very quiet; You can tent the laptop when watching movies; The keyboard is comfortable to use
What Needs Improvement: $69.99 Lenovo Active Pen 2 is optional — unless you get it through the special Best Buy link above