Known as the world’s leading “AI-Driven Floor Cleaning Robot” company, Ecovacs unveiled their Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI which promises a whole new level of precision and intelligence for robot vacuums.
The $799 Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI sounds like a fancy name for a “Terminator”, but instead of tracking down John Connor and the resistance, the Ozmo T8 Aivi has its eye set on eliminating the threat of dirt on your floors.
Featuring simultaneous vacuuming and mopping features, the vacuum comes complete with advanced laser-based home mapping, object identification and avoidance, and remote monitoring so you never have to worry about whether or not the corners of your living room, or under the couch are clean.
The Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI is equipped with TrueMapping laser mapping and navigation technology, based on advanced DToF sensor and AIVI (Artificial Intelligence and Visual Interpretation) technology featuring a high-performance AI chipset and camera module. This translates to a smart, thorough cleaning process. With these advanced and upgraded technologies, the T8 AIVI is capable of mapping any home much faster and with greater precision than current LDS navigation technology, with the ability to detect and recognize common household objects including shoes, socks, chairs, and cables. In addition, it reduces the risk of getting stuck by 60% compared to earlier models.
Ecovacs plans on making a statement with the T8 AIVI, saying that the vacuum removes up to 99.26% of bacteria with advanced carpet detection. If you’re asking exactly what that means, the premise is the robot vac can automatically avoid carpets when mopping, something no other robot mop can do. This is something I cannot wait to test for myself because I’ve tried a few “combination smart robot vacuums” that would have water trails on my carpeted floors that I couldn’t explain. Its 240ml water tank enables over 100 minutes of mop time, covering more than 2,000 square feet of flooring. The Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI also features a 5200mAh Lithium-Ion battery with 3+ hours of runtime, enabling over 3,000 square feet of coverage in standard suction mode.
Additionally, Ecovcs is also bringing home monitoring with the Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI with a live video stream, available on-demand through the Ecovacs Home app. This enables owners to check in on their pets, check for open doors, or items left on like a plugged-in iron.
Here are a few more features of the Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI:
- 2-in-1 Vacuuming and Mopping: The Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI can simultaneously vacuum and mop to remove up to 99.26% of bacteria on floors 1.
- Carpet Boost and Suction: This advanced Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (RVC) utilizes 3 levels of suction power to tackle any mess put in front of it, automatically increasing suction power by 2x when transitioning from a hard floor surface to carpet.
Advanced Navigation + Mapping
- TrueMapping: T8 AIVI efficiently navigates and maps your home on your Ecovacs Home app using the most advanced laser and DToF sensor technology. With this advancement, detection distance is increased by 2X, and detection accuracy of small objects is increased by 4X over previous models. The interactive map gives users the ability to choose how and where they want to clean and monitor. Utilize unlimited virtual boundaries, area mode and custom mode to clean specific areas/rooms or to avoid others.
- Virtual Boundary Advisor: This advanced feature identifies areas in the home environment that can cause the robot to be frequently stuck. It can proactively advise on setting up virtual boundaries to avoid those areas in the future.
- Missed Area Notification: With objects on the floor, robots can sometimes miss areas during cleaning. After each cleaning, AIVI will send a notification to the user with details of which areas were missed during the last cleaning cycle and invite the user to remove identified obstacles. Once the obstacles are removed, the user can send the robot back to clean only those areas missed in one tap.
If you’re interested in more info on the Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI or placing an order, you can visit their site by clicking here.