When DJ Rig released back in March, aside from some early bugs that were quickly squashed, my biggest wish was for an iPad version. It was one of those things that was immediately obvious once you touched the software. IK Multimedia agreed and stated they were working on it – but like the rest of their stuff they wanted to get it right and not just ‘upsize’. Well, now DJ Rig for iPad is ready and available!
Here is some of the press release highlighting features:
Professional DJing for the first time on iPad
• Familiar double Deck configuration with a triple twist — When first launched, DJ Rig for iPad looks and feels very familiar — its interface accurately replicates a full dual-deck hardware rig with each deck routed through the audio output jack on the iPad (split stereo). What’s different is that each deck has three visual modes: “Vinyl” for traditional creative scratch effects, “Digital” jog for a more traditional CD manipulation and the new “Waveform” view for accurate cue placement, synchronization and visualization of beats.
• Sync, mix & scratch — DJ Rig for iPad with CloneDeck™ technology allows DJs to mix and scratch on their iPads, just like they would with hardware counterparts. The built-in dual-deck system with a crossfader allows them to mix with ultra-accurate precision, and the Tempo Sync, X-Sync and Beat Match functions automatically align the beats from any two sources for flawless transitions. The new AutoMix feature will automatically crossfade and mix music to keep the beat going even when the DJ steps away.
• New creative DJ effects provide unlimited sonic possibilities — DJ Rig for iPad features 18 available BPM-synced DJ effects for customizing mixes and build-ups, always at the perfect tempo. Effects include Delay, Flanger, Crush, HP filter, LP filter, BP filter, Compressor,Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, and Stutter, plus 6 completely new effects: Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist UP and Twist DOWN. The X/Y effects interface provides full creative control and real-time manipulation that will inspire DJs to be their creative best.
• On-board sampler with expandable sound banks — DJ Rig for iPad features an “on-the-fly” sampler with 9 accessible and assignable pads for adding sound bites and samples to mixes. For even more creative flexibility, DJ Rig for iPad provides “live sampling” and “looping” functions for completely customizing and personalizing the mix.
DJ Rig for iPad features:
• Customizable deck display with Vinyl, Waveform or Digital Deck interface with accurate scratching engine with CloneDeck™ technology
• Waveform display mode for ultra-precise visual cueing
• Fast BPM detection and beat map analysis with Tempo Sync and Beat Match
• X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources and automatically syncs the audio/tempo of internal decks to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
• Advanced looping section with continuous loop surface; create loops with tempo divisions always to the beat; manual and slip mode available
• 18 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, HP filter, LP filter, BP filter, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter and more, with X/Y touch interface control
• 6 new creative effects: Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist UP and Twist DOWN
• On-the-fly expandable sampler machine with 9 pads and 4 banks slot
• Live sampling functionality with volume and pitch control
• 5 visual cue points per song and Auto Cue for automatic first beat positioning
• 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades and crossfade filter
• Direct access to iPod Music library and playlists
• AutoMix Feature for automatic mixing of playlists or entire library
• Live recorder allows recording of full mixing gigs
• Supports/plays all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
• Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
You can get limited free version., and there is also a