If you love the HTC One (M8)’s design, but you’re totally digging the Windows and Windows Phone environment these days, HTC has something that should definitely catch your attention — their flagship One for Windows Phone is available online starting at noon ET today, or you can pick one up for $99.99 at Verizon stores starting tomorrow.
Carly has been using the HTC One (M8) since it first came out as an Android phone; she thinks it is the best smartphone she’s ever used, and that’s saying a lot. I’m excited to see the M8′s excellent hardware being used on a Windows Phone, because up until now Nokia has been the only real player if you wanted excellent hardware and a big beautiful screen.
HTC says that this is the “first time an iconic flagship device offers multiple operating systems,” and I’d have to say that sounds about right. Sure, there have been plenty of manufacturers who made phones for multiple operating systems, but usually each operating system gets its own distinct model. In this case, Windows Phone users will get the same “premium design of HTC’s award-winning HTC One (M8), which features an all-metal unibody design and an elegantly curved back to match the hand’s contours.”
The unique experiences of the original HTC One (M8) have been brought to the Windows Phone version, including HTC BlinkFeed®, HTC BoomSound™, Duo Camera with UltraPixel™, Video Highlights, a 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera and support for the HTC Dot View™ case.
- HTC BlinkFeed is uniquely integrated into the Live Tile layout and provides quick access to the content and social networks that matter most.
- HTC BoomSound features dual front-facing speakers and a unique sound profile that deepens bass, enhances vocals and fine tunes track details for a rich, immersive listening experience.
- The signature HTC One Duo Camera with UltraPixel technology captures remarkable low-light images and offers a variety of after-effects for added artistic flair or humor.
- Video Highlights offer consumers an easy and entertaining way to easily create mini-movies and animated picture reels set to music*.
- A 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens excels at taking personal pictures that let you capture more in the shot – more people, more scenery.
- The uniquely designed HTC Dot View case provides consumers with instant phone access while the case is still closed. Users can answer calls, receive email & text notifications, check weather and more. And with the Dot View Case for the HTC One (M8) for Windows, personal digital assistant Cortana can help with reminders, queries and chit chat without having to open the case.
The HTC One (M8) Windows Phone will use 8.1, so it has Cortana (the new Windows Phone digital assistant) along with all of the other upgraded features for the update.
Is this the phone you’ve been waiting for? You can order yours online from Verizon Wireless starting at noon ET today “for a promotional price of $99.99 with a new two-year contract for a limited time or $29.99 per month on Verizon Edge”, and it will also be available in stores starting tomorrow. If you purchase yours in a Microsoft Store (still with Verizon Wireless service), it will come with a “special offer for a free HTC Dot View Case and screen protector for $25.”
You can learn more about the new HTC One (M8) Windows Phone by clicking here.