Just about a year ago, I reviewed Scurvy Scallywags for iOS systems, and summed it up as a “great game, great fun, great price”. The game is an innovative Match-3 / RPG Mash-Up designed by game industry veterans Ron Gilbert and Clayton Kauzlaric, and has just released on the Google Play store as a free game with in-app purchases.
In my review I said:
I had an absolute blast playing this, as it was a great twist on the match-3 genre. The combination of a fun story, stylized presentation, excellent combat system and bargain price with no in-app pull makes this one of the most easily recommended games I have played all year.
Here are some features of the game:
• Travel through four mysterious lands to find all 16 hidden verses of the Ultimate Sea Shanty, a long-lost ditty brimming with secret pirate lore by acclaimed composer Steve Kirk.
• Dress up your character in funny costumes, build ships, and choose from a long list of special abilities, moves, and weapons to give your pirate an edge in combat.
• Complete 50 achievements and keep plundering randomly generated islands long after you’ve finished the game’s main story.
• Innovative match-3 mechanic and donkey poop side quest.
• Optimized for Android phones and tablets!
Head to the Google Play store and grab Scurvy Scallywags for free!
Check out the trailer: