If you got an iPhone 6 Plus as A holiday gift from a loved one (or yourself), then you’ll want to quickly pick up a case or two to keep the pricey phablet safe, secure and dent-free. OtterBox has some great case options, and in these next two reviews we’ll take a look at two of them.
The first OtterBox case we’re looking at is the OtterBox Symmetry Series. This case has an MSRP ranging from $49.95 to $54.95. For that price you get a case and… that’s it. That’s correct; no screen protector is included with the OtterBox Symmetry Series case. That kinda, sorta stinks. Fortunately the case doesn’t. The case gives decent protection without burying the iPhone in a thick layer of synthetic material. Don’t get me wrong, this case adds weight and bulk to the phablet, but it doesn’t make it unmanageable.
When it comes to your smartphone, it’s not just about protection. It’s also about you — your style, your personality, your life. With Symmetry Series for iPhone 6 Plus, you don’t have to choose between a protective case and a stylish one. A full spectrum of wraparound colors and graphics on the sleek exterior make this slim iPhone case your canvas for design. Complete your look with the style you want and the protection you need.
This case is constructed from two different materials that are fused together so it actually offers a one-piece design. A synthetic rubber interior cushions the iPhone in protection while an external polycarbonate shell gives it the added toughness OtterBox is known for.
Add in the fact that the interior material is designed with a honeycomb coring, and you have a case that is design to help absorb shock. One final protective aspect of the case is found in the fact that the Interior rubber material rises up over the iPhone’s screen and delivers just enough lay-on-the-table protection to keep the screen safe without getting in the way of actually using the phone.
OtterBox Symmetry Series iPhone 6 Plus Case Video Review
- Sleek, stylish, pocket-friendly case
- Dual-material design absorbs shock and withstands drops
- One-piece construction for simple, one-step installation
- Raised beveled edge helps protect the screen
- Wraparound graphics add seamless style
- Advanced materials for enhanced fit and increased durability
- Dual-material, one-piece design composed of a synthetic rubber interior and external polycarbonate shell
- Synthetic rubber interior with honeycomb coring helps absorb shock
- Hard polycarbonate exterior helps prevent scratches
- Synthetic rubber raised beveled edge helps keep your touchscreen safe
I especially like the fact that the case is available in a variety of colors and prints. Check these out…
Source: Manufacturer provided review sample of this iPhone 6 Plus case
What I Like: Good protection is a case that is not overly bulky; Lay-on-the-table protection; Available in multiple colors
What Needs Improvement: No included screen protector; Pricey