Unless you live in a humid climate, it’s almost always a good idea to have a humidifier running in your home. They can help with everything from breathing issues, to preventing sinus infections, or providing relief from dry skin and hair. But knowing which humidifier to buy can be tricky. I’ve tried several brands; my favorite is the Dyson Humidifier.
Some of the more drastic signs that you might need a humidifier can include dry skin, dry eyes, bloody noses, painful cracks in your fingertips, dry hair, and cracked lips. When you have a properly operating humidifier, some of the benefits include easing your dry nasal passages, making it easier to sleep at night; preserving your voice by keeping your vocal chords hydrated; keeping your skin and lips moisturized; reduced snoring (because it’s keeping your nose and soft palate moisturized); lessened potential for static electricity; and happier house plants. In other words, the downsides are few.
According to the Mayo Clinic, “humidifiers can help soothe these familiar problems caused by dry indoor air. Humidifiers can also help ease symptoms of a cold or another respiratory condition.” But you have to be careful, because “although useful, humidifiers can actually make you sick if they aren’t maintained properly or if humidity levels stay too high. If you use humidifiers, be sure to monitor humidity levels and keep your humidifier clean. Dirty humidifiers can breed mold or bacteria.”
That’s gross, but it makes perfect sense.
The Dyson Humidifier’s features include:
- That it will kill 99.9% of bacteria – Ultraviolet Cleanse technology kills bacteria before hygienic mist and hydrated air is projected into the room
- It uses patented Air Multiplier technology – Generates long-range mist projection to distribute hydrated air evenly
- It has intelligent Climate Control – The Dyson humidifier uses Intelligent Climate Control to measure both the temperature and the moisture in the air to create a comfortable environment
- It provides whole room hydration – Projects hygienic mist and hydrated air evenly throughout the room
- It will give you night-long comfort – Sleep timer and up to 18 hours of continuous use
Included in the box are the three pieces that make up the humidifier, a small remote control, a power cable, the operating manual, and warranty paperwork.
I want to give kudos to Dyson for making every single bit of packing recyclable. Not shown are the thin plastic bags which wrapped the components, and even they are recyclable.
So let’s put the humidifier together, and take a look at how it all works together.