There’s no question the screen is the most vulnerable part of your smartphone. Gorilla Glass helps but if you really want to protect your phone you need something more. Usually, I turn to glass screen protectors, but the nanotechnology of the Kristall Liquid Screen Protection has me rethinking that. You can’t see the protection but it is there.
The advantages of Kristall are numerous. First, it is as easy to apply as simply wiping down your screen. Judie is a master at putting screen protectors on phones. That’s not a skill I ever developed so my screen protectors always have at least two or three flaws. It might be a bubble or two. Or it might be a bit of dust under the screen protector. Or, at times, it might even be the fact that the screen protector is a bit askew.
With Kristall, you simply wipe down the screen and wait a few moments. There is no dust, no bubbling, and nothing you can do wrong. That in itself is amazing. But there is more!
Once Kristall is on your screen you get amazing 9H hardness protection while still enjoying the HD experience offered by most of today’s high-end smartphones. It reduces fingerprints and smudges, makes the screen even easier to clean and, according to some reports, even makes the screen more sensitive. Plus, it is suitable for all sizes of electronic devices.
The company describes the product this way:
The hardest screen protector for your smartphone or tablet is smaller than mini, it’s nano and it comes in the form of a liquid solution. It’s called Kristall, a liquid nanoglass screen protector design for all glass screens including smart phones, tablets and smart watches.
The product goes on invisible and is quick and easy to apply. What’s great about it is that there’s no fussing about, cutting or sizing films or having to make sure it goes on perfectly straight and smooth and without any peeling or bubbles.
Once Kristall is applied your screen becomes resistant to fingerprints, smudges and also repels water. Of course, it’s also scratch resistant and has an ultra smooth and high gloss finish. It’s rated at 9H surface hardness, which is equivalent to that of crystal sapphire.
Applying it could not have been easier. I removed the screen protector that was on my phone, opened the package and laid out the various content within it. That wasn’t much as the entire product is an alcohol wipe, a shammy, and the Kristall product itself. Speaking of the product… it is simply a round cloth soaked in the Kristall liquid.
I wiped down my screen with the alcohol pad and dried it with the shammy. I then rubbed on the product in a circular motion similar to what you do when you wash your car. The circular motion guarantees you cover every bit of the screen. After waiting a minute, I rubbed down the screen. The product fully cures in 48 hours.
The process was quick and easy, and I love knowing my phone is protected even though there is not an extra layer of protection on it.
Advantages of this product include:
- 9H Hardness
- Scratch resistant
- Universal fit
- Maintains high definition
- Water repellent
- Fingerprint resistant
- Enhances touch screen sensitivity
- Easy to apply
- Smudge resistant
- Easy to clean screen
- No bubbles
- Ideal for curved screens
Here’s a video look from the company:
The company offers a number of questions and answers which are helpful in determining whether or not this product if so you.
- What does 9H hardness mean? This is a universally accepted measure of hardness used in many industries. 9H hardness is equivalent to the hardness of sapphire. Only diamonds are harder.
- Will Kristall affect the touch screen sensitivity? Because it is a coating on the glass that is absorbed into the pores of the glass you will not feel it, and it will not affect the functionality of the phone at all. There are some anecdotal reports of increased touch sensitivity from users.
- How easy is Kristall to apply? It is as easy to apply as wiping your screen. Clean with alcohol package enclosed, dry with microfiber cloth enclosed, and apply the nano liquid on the pretreated swab enclosed. Wait two minutes and polished with the microfiber cloth. The complete process takes four minutes from start to finish.
- Is Kristall water repellent? Yes, it will make water beads on your screen and cause it to disperse, it is not waterproof.
- How many times must Kristall be applied and how long does it last? To achieve the best results, only apply the product once. You may apply it again after one year. Repeated codes applied within a short space of time will not provide better protection.
- Has Kristall been laboratory tested? Yes, it has been certified by SGS laboratories; a worldwide testing facility. Reports available upon request.
I was impressed with just how easy it was to apply the product. Once it dried I didn’t know it was there. That’s a mixed blessing since it means I have a thin and light phone still but also have to take the company’s promise of protection on faith. I’m willing to do so and think you should be too. And since the product is normally $29.99 but can be found for under $20, I think this is a no-brainer.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample
What I Like: Easy to apply; Invisible once on the phone; Protects for a year or more; Beads water and gives 9H hardness to the screen
What Needs Improvement: Nothing except for the fact that the promise of protection needs to be taken on faith