Acer has been very, very busy at IFA 2017. They announced quite the lineup of products, so if you use anything remotely electronic there’s probably something there for you. (And if you don’t use anything electronic, please let me know in the comments how and why you’re reading this!)
In computers, there’s a range of new products. From the press release:
- The Acer Predator Orion 9000 brings high-performance computing to the desktop with 4-way graphics and 18-core processors to power virtual reality apps and more with ease supporting over 8K UHD.
- The curved Acer Predator X35 monitor featuring NVIDIA G-SYNC, Acer HDR Ultra technology and a fast 200Hz refresh rate, delivers amazingly smooth and vibrant images.
- The Acer Aspire S24 is Acer’s slimmest ever all-in-one desktop, featuring a side profile of only 0.23 inches. The borderless display, stable system base and black and matte gold color scheme add a touch of functional elegance to the home at an affordable price.
- The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition is the world’s first fanless 2-in-1 notebook equipped with discrete graphics, made possible by Acer’s Dual LiquidLoop technology fanless cooling system. Utilizing new 8th Generation Intel Core processors and NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 graphics, and a stylus withWacom EMR technology.
- Acer’s Swift 5 is ideal for customers who want a portable, stylish performer. The chassis weighs less than 1kg (2.2 lb) thanks to the ultra-light magnesium-lithium allow top and bottom covers and magnesium-aluminum allow palm rest. It was updated with 8th Generation Intel Core processors for a responsive experience and 8-hour battery life.
- The Acer Spin 5 convertible notebook allows users to interchange seamlessly between laptop, tablet, display and tent modes with either a 13-inch or 15.6-inch display and an optional Active Stylus. It uses new 8th Generation Intel Core processors and provides up to 13 hours of battery life. Discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics option for the 15-inch model.
So if you’re keeping track, that’s a monitor, an all in one desktop, and laptops for gaming, portability, and true tablet/laptop hybrid mobility. All of these have solid specifications and should be great choices for anyone looking for a Windows machine.
If you’re not looking Windows, Acer didn’t forget their Chromebooks either. They announced the Chromebook 15, which promises to be lightweight and sports USB-C. For gamers, there’s the Predator Galea headset, plus the Predator Cestus gaming mouse.
Acer isn’t just focusing on computers, though. They have two different LTE-enabled 360 cameras (Holo360 and Vision360), plus they’ve even entered the pet business with a line of pet collars and food dispenser.