If you love the idea of a portable speaker, but the little bottle-sized ones just aren’t giving you enough oomph, you’ll want to check out the new JBL Boombox. Available this fall for $449.95, it is practically begging to be the center of your next party.
The JBL Boombox is a hefty beast, yet it is made to be easily moved from home to backyard, from the party to your office. It features an impressive 20,000mAh battery that gives up to 24 hours of battery life, and it offers best in class sound.
The newest member of the JBL portable speaker family delivers a serious punch while setting a new benchmark in party sound via Bluetooth streaming. It’s also the biggest portable speaker available, weighing in at over 11 pounds (5.25 kg) and nearly 20 inches (50 cm) long. The speaker’s large frame is equipped with four active transducers and two bass radiators, providing powerful sound and bass in a substantial—but portable—package.
If you’re worried about your mobile device’s battery draining before your speaker dies, you’ll like that the JBL Boombox has two built-in charging ports!
Best of all, the Boombox is IPX7 rated waterproof — you can tote it around without worrying about it falling in the pool and getting destroyed, or having a drink dropped on it and the electronic’s frying (it happens). The Boombox is made to be able to withstand just about whatever you or the weather can throw at it (or on it).
If you have more than one JBL Connect+ enabled speaker, you can link them to the Boombox for an even bigger sound.
“We’re excited to give consumers yet another way to have a powerful audio experience, now in a massively portable package,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President & General Manager, Smart Audio Business Unit. “As leaders in the space, we’re thrilled to offer a speaker that provides epic, long-playing sound, setting the standard for power in all future portables in the industry.”
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that the JBL Boombox recently won “a prestigious EISA Award from the European Imaging and Sound Association which honors the most innovative and cutting-edge products introduced each year.”
The JBL Boombox features:
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly connect up to two smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
- High-capacity 20,000mAH rechargeable Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 24 hours of playtime and charges devices via dual USB ports.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Take Boombox to the beach or pool without worrying about rain, spills or submersion in water.
- JBL Connect+: Amplify your listening experience and rock the party by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- Sound modes: Enjoy deeper bass and richer sound in indoor mode; switch to outdoor mode for expansive sound with strong bass and longer playtime
- Monstrous Sound and Bass: Incorporated with four active transducers and two JBL bass radiators, JBL Boombox delivers monstrous sound along with hard hitting bass that listeners will not only hear but also see.
- Available in Black and Forest Green.
You’ll be able to buy the JBL Boombox later this fall from the JBL site for $449.95.