What do you get when you combine sleek British styling with award-winning wireless audio? The RHA MA Wireless Series. These premium wireless Bluetooth in-ear headphones offer 12 hours of playback time to last all day long. With two price points starting at $99.95, the RHA MA Wireless Series is the perfect landing spot for anyone looking for collar-style Bluetooth headphones.
The MA Wireless Series is comprised of the MA650 Wireless and the MA750 Wireless. These two headphones have a lot of similarities, but a few major differences. Both headphones have very similar styling, although the MA750 has some premium features that set it above the MA650.
Let’s first check out the similarities:
- Both headphones are collar-style with in-ear buds.
- Both headphones use Bluetooth connectivity with high fidelity aptX
- Both versions come with multiple earbud tips for the ultimate fit, a USB-C charging cable, and a travel pouch in which to carry everything
- Both the MA650 and MA750 pack batteries capable of providing 12 hours of playback time
- Both provide full control of your mobile phone including play/pause, answering calls, Siri, Google Assistant, etc
- Both are splash and sweat resistant, rated at IPX4
- Both have LED status indicators and a power saving feature that activates after 20 minutes of inactivity
- Both feature NFC chips for quick pairing with compatible mobile devices
- Both have magnetized earbuds that allow you to clip them together when you’re on-the-go
Here is where the two headphones differ:
- Uses RHA’s 380.1 driver for lively, warm sound
- Housings are constructed from high-grade aluminum for premium sonic experience
MA650 Wireless Photo Gallery
- Uses RHA’s acclaimed 560.1 driver for crisp, clear sound
- Housings are constructed using stainless steel for outstanding sonic performance and improved durability
- The MA750 also includes over-ear hooks that create a secure, noise-isolating fit that keeps your earbuds in place during any activity
MA750 Wireless Photo Gallery
My experience with the RHA MA Wireless Series was very positive overall. I used both sets of headphones while commuting to and from NYC over the course of three weeks. They were used about 2 hours per day, 5 times per week, so I got a great sense of how they are to use on a daily basis.
Both sets of headphones were very comfortable around my neck, the neckband is made of a soft silicone material, so it was hardly noticeable. The MA750 was definitely more comfortable to wear for extended periods because of the over-ear hooks that kept the earbuds in place. The fact that both sets include multiple styles and sizes of earbud make it very easy to find the best fit. The stainless steel housing on the MA750 unquestionably makes for a more premium, sophisticated looking headset.
The MA750 definitely sounded the best, however, the MA650 is no slouch. When it comes to Bluetooth audio, you’re never going to get pristine sound, so why spend a ton to try to reproduce every sound to a tee? The biggest reason, in my opinion, to upgrade to the MA750 is the ear hooks. I sometimes felt the MA650 pulling out of my ears, no matter which earbud I was using. At least with the MA750, I felt secure that they weren’t going anywhere.
You can purchase the MA Wireless Series Headsets directly from RHA at rha-audio.com/us/ or from Amazon (MA650 Wireless and MA750 Wireless).
Source: The RHA MA650 Wireless and MA750 Wireless were a manufacturer supplied review sample.
What I Like: Nice, sleek design; Super soft silicon neckband; 12-hour battery life; Great sound; Ear hooks on the MA750 is clutch; 3-button remote keeps you in control
What Needs Improvement: Not much from my vantage point