I reviewed the BlendJet some months ago; the small, battery-operated blender does exactly what it promises and can go anywhere. Paired with the company’s JetPacks, you can have a smoothy anywhere. Now the company has released an updated version. BlendJet 2 is larger, quieter, has more power, has measurement markers built-in, and is still just as portable.
The company describes BlendJet this way:
BLEND EVERYWHERE: Imagine the freedom of being able to go anywhere and blend your favorite smoothies, shakes, margaritas, or baby food without the limitations of a regular blender.
That was the case for the original BlendJet as well. So while this new version offers some significant updates, it still offers the same functionality and experience as before. And, since that is the case, I won’t do a deep dive into using the BlendJet but, instead, will refer you to our review of the original BlendJet.
And while the new BlendJet offers more power and capacity, this video Raina and I made still holds true.
So to recap, the BlendJet 2 offers the same degree of portability as the original. It is lightweight, well-made, and can be taken pretty much anywhere. You can not only blend your drink in the BlendJet, but you can then drink straight from the blending jar. As was true with the original version, BlendJet 2 is still BPA-Free, so you can use the blender with confidence. Plus, when you are done using it, the blender still offers a “self-clean” functionality. You simply add water and soap, run the blender, and rinse. It could not be simpler.
So what has changed?
The first big change is the capacity. The BlendJet 2 has a larger, 16-ounce capacity. That not only means you can blend a larger drink for yourself but, so long as you are good with an 8-ounce smoothie, you can now make a smoothie for two.
The BlendJet 2 also got rid of the old-world micro-USB charging port and replaced it with USB-C, and it ships with a charging cable.
WATER-RESISTANT and READY FOR ADVENTURE: BlendJet 2 is also water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about getting liquid in the USB-C port or accidentally submerging your BlendJet 2 in the sink or pool. It’s the ideal blender for mermaids.
Yes, it is even water-resistant!! Moreover, a full charge will deliver up to 15 blending sessions per charge.
BlendJet also updated the internals of the BlendJet 2. Using the company’s TurboJet technology, BlendJet 2 can “power through anything in 20 seconds flat: ice, frozen fruit, leafy greens, and more.” So while the original BlendJet got the job done, the BlendJet 2 is far faster and more powerful. That translates to a better experience and the ability to blend more items than the original version could handle.
BlendJet describes TurboJet Technology this way:
PATENTED TURBOJET TECHNOLOGY: Traditional blenders only use their blades to blend, but we invented a new method that makes every other blender obsolete. Our secret weapon? BlendJet 2’s stainless steel blades are offset from the center of the base, which creates a tornado effect that blasts ingredients into the back of the jar 275 times per second, resulting in dramatically better blending. This technology — combined with a more powerful motor and doubled battery capacity — makes BlendJet 2 five times more powerful than BlendJet One.
The result is a small, portable, battery-operated blender that can be used for everything from “smoothie-bar-quality beverages, silky-smooth protein shakes, top-shelf mixed drinks and creamy frozen lattes, plus milkshakes, slushies, baby food, dips, dressings, sauces, and so much more.” And if you sign up with the company, they will send a new recipe video each week, so you can always try something new.
Yet despite having a stronger motor than the original version, the BlendJet 2 is surprisingly quiet.
QUIET ENOUGH FOR A LIBRARY: We engineered BlendJet 2 to deliver incredible power without the jet-engine-like sound produced by clunky kitchen blenders. In fact, the BlendJet 2 portable blender is so quiet, you can use it during late-night study sessions or in the early-morning hours without waking up your household.
I’m not sure why you would ever want to make a smoothie in the library, but…. I guess it is good to know you could if you wanted to.
But the list of new features continues and includes:
- THE NEXT-GEN BLENDER: The wait is over: BlendJet 2 serves up big blender power on the go. We created the BlendJet 2 portable blender so you can make anything you want, anywhere in the world — from a mountaintop to your kitchen countertop. It’s easy and convenient to use at home, at work, outdoors, at the gym, in the car, at the beach, on vacation, or wherever the day takes you.
- SHAKE UP YOUR ROUTINE: BlendJet 2 is more than a blender — it’s a way of life. It helps you live healthier while keeping your energy level sky-high. Make breakfast a breeze, reinvent lunch, fuel your workout, or chill with a frozen margarita, all while saving time and money.
- FOOD PROCESSING WITH PULSE MODE: With a double-press of the power button, your BlendJet 2 portable blender transforms into a powerful food processor that pulverizes veggies, fruits, nuts, and more. You can pulse your way to tasty guacamole, pesto, salsa, and hummus in mere seconds.
- FORGET THE MEASURING CUP: Measurement markings on the jar make it easy to follow our mouth-watering recipes or create your own. With its 16 oz capacity, BlendJet 2 holds 33% more than the original BlendJet in a sleek and compact design.
- LOCK YOUR BLENDER: Shift into Lock Mode to prevent accidental blending, and confidently toss your BlendJet 2 portable blender into your backpack or purse, or sip straight from the jar.
16 CRUSH-WORTHY COLORS: BlendJet 2 comes in 16 vibrant colors with a design that complements your style. It looks great on your desk or countertop and is a positive reminder to enjoy something delicious and nutritious every day.
The BlendJet 2 comes in sixteen different colors. I was sent a light blue version for review. It is fine, but I was totally good with the black original version I reviewed last summer.
- Compact Size: 9” x 3” (230mm x 76mm)
- Product Weight: 1.34 lb (.61 kg)
- Jar w/ Measurement Markings: 16 oz (475 mL)
- 15+ Blends Per 1 Hour Charge
- Water-resistant USB-C Port
- 4000 mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 7.4V Electric Motor Spins 275 Times Per Second
- 6-Point Stainless Steel Blade
- Durable Built-In Carrying Strap
The BlendJet 2 does a great job as a portable blender and, thanks to its increased power, it is just as comfortable in the kitchen as it is on the go. Add in some of the JetPacks, and you can have a smoothie anywhere, even when you don’t have access to a refrigerator; they are pricey, but they are delicious. You put the contents of a JetPack into the blender, add water, a bit of ice if you prefer, and, in seconds, you have a smoothie ready to enjoy. It is a simple and flexible blender that offers so much more versatility than my countertop blender.
If there is one downside to BlendJet 2, when compared to the original, it is the loss of the built-in strainer. The original version had a double top that, when the upper portion was moved, let you straighten the blender’s contents. That’s no longer the case. Is it a big deal? Nope. But I did like that feature.
The people behind the BlendJet weren’t out to make a portable blender. No, for them, the BlendJet is part of a larger mission., As they explain:
ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE LIVES: BlendJet was born after our co-founder suffered a debilitating injury and smoothies and shakes became an essential part of his recovery process. After he (thankfully!) made a full recovery, he felt compelled to find a way to help others live longer and healthier lives. Our mission is to make the healthy choice the most convenient choice for all.
I liked the original BlendJet and have been using it regularly since I did the initial review last August. The BlendJet 2 improves on pretty much everything. I love it, and I think you will too.
The BlendJet 2 sells for $99.99 (it’s currently on sale for $49.99); it is available directly from the manufacturer.
Source: Manufacturer supplied review sample of BlendJet 2
What I Like: Larger capacity; Built-in measuring cup; More powerful; Quieter; Available in multiple colors
What Needs Improvement: I miss the built-in strainer