I have an Epson multi-function printer/scanner in my home office and use it almost every day. With the new Epson WorkForce DS-40 wireless portable document scanner, your office can be anywhere. The WorkForce DS-40 is just over one pound and, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity, it lets you scan directly to a PC, Mac or mobile device on the go.
The Epson WorkForce DS-40 is a wireless portable scanner for smartphones, tablets and computers that goes with you just about anywhere. It is small, light and doesn’t rely on cords and cables to get busy. No, just turn it on and you can be scanning to your computer or mobile device in a matter of seconds. As Epson explains,
Stay organized and go paperless, wherever business takes you, with the WorkForce DS-40 wireless portable document scanner. At 1.1lb, you can easily slip it into your briefcase and go. Quickly scan receipts, business cards and more (up to 8.5″ x 36″1) to smartphones, tablets, laptops or cloud services2 including Google DriveT, Evernote and SharePoint. With tools such as text enhancement, skew correction, Color Enhancement and Color Drop Out, scanning documents into editable text and searchable PDFs has never been easier. It also includes a TWAIN interface to support third-party document management software. Battery-powered and lightweight, the DS-40 is perfect for busy mobile professionals.
Epson WorkForce DS-40 Features:
- Wirelessly scan critical documents: scan and send receipts, statements, business/plastic cards and more to your smartphone, tablet, Mac, PC or popular cloud services
- Lightweight and travel-friendly: at 1.1lb, get the portability you need to capture data while on the road; battery or USB power source
- Scan directly to popular cloud services: scan to Google Drive, Evernote, SharePoint, OneNote, SugarSync, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more
- Create editable text and searchable PDFs: OCR and document management suite included for PDF and PDF/A files
- Powerful software included: Epson Document Capture Pro, ABBYY FineReader, Presto! BizCard® and Epson Scan
- Connect to document management software: TWAIN driver supported
- Advanced color and image adjustments made easy: Variable Color Enhance, Color Dropout and other innovative features
- Versatile scanning for a variety of originals: scan from business card size up to 8.5″ x 36″
The Epson WorkForce DS-40 will be available this summer for $179.99. Check out all of Epson’s scanners here.