If, like me, you use an Apple MacBook Pro as your laptop and desktop, then Belkin’s new Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD is for you. At $299.99, this device is a pricey but powerful docking solution for Macs and PCs; even so, its two Thunderbolt 2 ports are just the beginning of its connectivity.Thanks to Thunderbolt 2’s technology and the high-speed 20Gbps bandwidth it offers, you can get speedy transfers between laptops and up to eight other devices with a one single Thunderbolt cable.
The dock has a host of assorted ports. These include 2 Thunderbolt 2 Ports, 1 HDMI Port, 3 USB 3.0 Ports + charging support, 1 Audio Out Port, 1 Audio Out Port with mic support, 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port, and 1 AC/DC Power Input. In other words, the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD is both complete and compact, and it will work with the most advanced of laptop/desktop setups.
Features of the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD Include:
- Connect 8 separate devices such as drives and monitors through a single Thunderbolt cable
- Four times faster than USB 3.0 and 25 times faster than FireWire 800
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 and backward-compatible with devices
- Supports dual displays (when one display is a Thunderbolt display)
- Supports 4K cinema resolution for up to 1 display
- Connect up to 8 devices directly to the dock, and daisy-chain up to 4 additional devices (The total number of devices supported through daisy-chain is up to 6 from your ultrabook, or up to 5 from the Thunderbolt 2 Dock.)
- Mac and PC compatible
- Brushed aluminum finish
- Includes 1M Thunderbolt cable
The Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD is compatible with Laptops, ultrabooks, and desktops with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 ports. It will retail for $299.99, and it includes a Thunderbolt cable. It is available for now at belkin.com, and it will be coming to select stores nationwide in October.