Kyocera has a solution for the men and women who work in challenging environments with its Duraforce Ultra 5G Rugged Smartphone. This phone will be the first 5G rugged smartphone on the Verizon network.
DuraForce Ultra 5G ratchets up the toughness and speed with 5G connectivity and the Snapdragon 765G chipset, which unites 5G and Augmented Reality (AR) to power breakthrough speeds for media, entertainment, intelligent multi-camera capabilities, and extended battery life. The ultra-bright display with Advanced Outdoor Viewing and three cameras – 24MP main camera with dual-LED flash, 16MP wide-angle (117°) plus 8MP front-facing – open up a world of visual possibilities with a plethora of new camera features including:
· Time of Flight – for fast auto-focus
· 4-Cell Pixel Binning – four cells combine into one SuperCell to enhance images in dynamic lighting conditions (portrait mode only)
· Super Night Vision – using multi-frame technology, scenes are detected in grids; noise, brightness, and sharpness are improved frame by frame
· Underwater Camera Mode – captures clear video and images when fully immersed in water
· Action Overlay – provides outdoor enthusiasts the ability to add elapsed time, distance, speed, G-force, altitude, date/time and map of the route traveled to photos and videos
Augmented Reality has been around for a while, of course, but I can imaging this being a useful feature for those working on a construction site. I also think it’s great that you can use the phone both while the screen is wet and while wearing gloves! Try that with almost any other phone, and you will likely destroy it!
No word on pricing or when the Kyocera Duraforce Ultra 5G will be released, but when it does come out, it’s likely to be a phone worthy of the name it’s been given when it hits Verizon Wireless.