Headphones are a broad category; there are the kind you buy at the airport because you forgot to bring your good ones, and then there are the ones that bring every feature you could ever want (along with a slew you didn’t know you needed). That’s where the new Sony WH-1000XM5 falls; they’re wireless noise-canceling headphones that are practically butlers for your ears!
The Sony WH-1000XM5 noise-canceling headphones are packed with a jaw-dropping list of features:
- They’re powered by Sony’s HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1, which means you get enhanced noise cancellation with even better sound clarity and bass reproduction for an even more immersive experience.
- They support Google Fast Pair for effortless pairing with Android devices and locating where the headphones were last placed when you can’t remember where you left them. They also have Swift Pair for quick and easy pairing with Windows 10 and 11 laptops, desktop PCs, or tablets.
- Sony uses a 30mm driver to create a more natural sound, with lead-free solder using gold. This means the connectivity and circuitry are even more optimized. While the press release doesn’t specifically say so, presumably, the lack of lead means that if you get the uncontrollable urge to lick your headphones, that will be slightly safer. (Don’t lick your headphones.)
- If you’re a user of Amazon Music, Tidal, deezer, or nugs.net, you can take advantage of even more enhanced music via Sony’s 360 Reality Audio, controlled via the Sony Connect app.
- The headphones will adjust for ambient noise and your work environment by using Adaptive Sound Control, recognizing the difference in your surroundings, and adjusting noise control accordingly. Speak-to-chat will automatically pause your music when you’re chatting with someone, though we won’t tell your coworkers if you just pretend you can’t hear them.
- Sony took the environment into account too. The WH-1000XM5 headphones are made partially with recycled auto materials, and the packaging itself will be made without plastic, using recycled and sustainable materials.
Throw in a partnership with the artist Khalid, and that’s just scratching the surface of what the Sony WH-1000XM5 noise-canceling headphones provide.
All that power and impressive technology starts at $399.99 on May 20th, but can you really put a price on the peace and quiet of enjoying your music no matter what’s happening around you?
The Sony WH-1000XM5 will be available for pre-sale at Sony.com, Amazon, and Best Buy on May 20th.