If you are anything like me you, then are connected to numerous social networking accounts. When you have more than just a few services spitting information at you, it becomes difficult to keep them all straight. But even worse is the fact that all this information is available through the various social networking outlets and, [...]
Yes, this is going to come off looking like a partisan post. I can deal with that because (a) as someone who finished graduate school with some hefty loans, I really felt for the students whose loan rates were about to double, and (b) even if you sit on the other side of the aisle [...]
If you have been commenting on the site in recent weeks you will have noticed that we use Disqus to power our comments section. We really like the platform. It allows ease of commenting, simply comment moderation for us (we are committed to keeping the trolls out) and, it just streamlines the entire process for [...]
This past weekend Philadelphia hosted Wizard World Comic Con, and I was fortunate enough to attend. I’m not exactly sure why it’s called Wizard World, but none the less it’s a good time for all Geeks in the Philly with a nice assortment of stars and legends attending. The show ran from Thursday to Sunday at [...]
Back in January Judie and I found ourselves in an unplanned competition of sorts. Judie was using the FitBit fitness device and I was using the Striiv Smart Pedometer. The devices could not have been more different. The FitBit was black and the Striiv white. The FitBit clipped to your cloths and has a small [...]
Gossip can be a very cruel phenomenon. There is reality, and then there is the truth according to viral videos, Facebook, Us Weekly, and the E! Network. Just this past weekend Sarah and I were in the grocery store, and she commented that the headlines screaming from the checkout magazines were just out of control [...]
Soon after launching the Android version of the ultra-popular social photo sharing site, Instagram has just sold to Facebook for a cool $1 billion! Here are some details from the New York Times: Facebook has acquired Instagram, the popular photo-sharing application, for about $1 billion in cash and stock, the company said Monday. In a [...]
Image courtesy Ilini News Privacy on the Internet is a very slippery idea. We share information voluntarily, through Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and other social media. Information gets shared involuntarily through hacking, or by companies tracking our purchases and browsing habits to glean clues about how to make us their ideal customer. But Slate has an [...]
You would think that with a name like DrawSomething, you would need artistic talent to play. But that is simply not so. All you need to get addicted to this evil, rotten game is one friend who will play you, a sense of humor, and a bit of patience. I first found out about this game [...]
A couple of weeks ago during the long and arduous Daytona 500, Brad Keselowski who races in the Sprint Cup racing series for Penske racing caused quite a stir while the cars were parked on the track during a red flag. He tweeted from the track. What did he tweet? Pictures from his vantage point [...]
Quick – if you want to just blast out how awesome the new Mary Halvorson CD is, where do you go? Most likely to Twitter. And if you want to see what sorts of pictures have emerged from the weekend event your kids attended? Head to Facebook. Once on Twitter you will likely check out [...]
I’m a big fan of foursquare and check in often enough that family members will remind me if I don’t do it quickly enough. After months with no mayorships, except a brief period I was major of a tram station in Las Vegas during CES 2010, I have finally become the major at a number [...]
One thing I like about the Facebook Timeline view (perhaps the only thing) is the ability to hop back in time to see what was going on in 2007. Now TimeHop will help you get a daily dose of short-term nostalgia. TimeHop sends a daily email of the user’s activity on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and [...]
(image courtesy FailBook) It’s December. It’s time for snow, family, shopping…and of course, holiday parties and New Year’s celebrations. Plus, if you’re a senior in high school you probably sent off your college applications. Just remember…what goes on Facebook is never really private, so please, from your friends at Gear Diary, think before you post, [...]
I doubt that anyone would seriously debate that we have lost significant freedoms in this country over the last decade, though it is generally presented with a caveat that what has changed was needed for enhanced security. Sometimes this is true, other times it is for the appearance of greater security, and other times it [...]
- Phiaton MODERNA MS 200 Earphones Spring Cleaning Giveaway March 31, 2013
- The iPhone Doldrums – I Think I’m Ready for Something Different May 21, 2013
- Apple Lightning Connector Broken Inside iPad Mini Port – Eeek! March 2, 2013
- Monster Diamond Tears Headphones Giveaway May 7, 2013
- Win a Seagate Backup Plus on Tax Day April 12, 2013
- Facebook Phone Event, What Do You Think? April 4, 2013
- Pebble E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android Review April 20, 2013
- For Memorial Day, EA Holding Massive iOS Sale and G5 Having Huge Kindle Fire Sale! May 24, 2013
- Buy GRID 2: Mono Edition – The Most Expensive Video Game Ever May 24, 2013
- Switching Smartphones and Carriers Is Getting Harder Than Ever May 24, 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 Film Review May 24, 2013
- Heavy Gear Assault Multiplayer Game Launches Kickstarter Campaign May 24, 2013
- Combo Crew for iOS and Android Pulls No Punches! May 24, 2013
- Why I Don’t Run First Thing in the Morning May 24, 2013
- dancohen: Doug- that is actually why I argued against those ...
- Douglas Moran: The idea of switching to a different OS and having...
- Mitchell Oke: This has been my experience too. More of my iOS-ex...
- loopyduck: >More than that, when traveling there is no cel...
- Carly Z: You make some good points, but there's one thing ...
- Pro’s And Cons Of Integrated GPS And Cameras: [...] all started innocently enough when Christoph...
- Spirit Of Wandering – The Legend, Mac Game Review: [...] Spirit of Wandering – a stock standard...